Families Empowered is a nonprofit organization founded to support the escalating number of families searching for a great school for their child. Our vision is that one day all families will have the ability to choose a high quality school, so that all students achieve their full potential. Our mission is to empower families to engage in a marketplace of schools. We are an impact-driven organization focused on the concept that student outcomes will improve when families choose the school that is right for them and serve as their child’s advocate. For more information, please visit www.familiesempowered.org.
This position reports to the Executive Director, located in Houston, TX.
The San Antonio City Director will be responsible for driving Families Empowered’s strategy at a local level, with oversight for all local fundraising, programs, staff and operations. The City Director will serve as a passionate and compelling spokesperson for Families Empowered, establishing and cultivating relationships with community leaders, donors and partners throughout philanthropic, educational, and professional communities within San Antonio. The City Director will serve on Families Empowered's executive leadership team, contributing to the creation and execution of strategic growth.
A successful City Director will achieve the following outcomes:
- Build on a pipeline of local support in order to raise the regional budget.
- Build and motivate an effective San Antonio Advisory Board and staff.
- Oversee the execution of the following programs:
- School Connections
- Parent Engagement
- Data Services
- Develop new school partnerships, maintain existing school partners, uphold standards of excellence for local programming.
- Foster a positive, inspiring work environment in order to empower a talented and dynamic staff to achieve the highest levels of success in their roles.
- Cultivate and oversee relationships with school and community partners.
- Manage and evaluate the Data Service program outcomes.
- Ensure that programmatic goals are met and strategies are aligned with Families Empowered core values.
- Oversee local program evaluation activities.
- Supervise the execution of local events (breakfasts, panels, conferences).
- Develop and secure regional budget.
- Cultivate and secure local corporate sponsorships.
- Drive local strategies for engaging individual donors at all levels.
- Execute on national partnerships at the local level.
- Oversee local communications efforts, in partnership with the Communications team.
- Build and lead the San Antonio Advisory Board.
- Collaborate with the executive leadership team to set and achieve goals aligned with the vision and mission of Families Empowered.
- Grow and lead staff in implementing strategies to fulfill Families Empowered’s mission, vision, and strategic plan.
- Assess local staffing needs in Year 1. Recruit and supervise a team of staff. Uphold and model Families Empowered’s core values.
- Organize San Antonio Advisory Board meetings, reports, and presentations, including a one-day annual retreat; oversee San Antonio Advisory Board recruitment, retention and performance.
- Participate in Families Empowered Board Meetings
- Represent Families Empowered at internal and external programs and events.
- Create and manage the San Antonio office's annual operating budget.
- Manage the office's administrative needs (technology, space, supplies, etc.).
- Results oriented with a track record in reaching ambitious goals.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Effective networker, spokesperson, and relationship-builder, able to engage donors and partners from a diverse cross-section of professional industries as well as program participants and community stakeholders.
- Superb project management skills.
- Strong professional judgment, with the ability to make strategic and data-driven decisions within a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills; comfortable with technology.
- Ability to foster and lead within an inclusive environment
- Deep belief in, and understanding of, Families Empowered's mission.
- Successful leadership experience in education reform, either as an advocate, school leader, parent leader or non-profit leader.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Verbal Spanish communication skills a plus.
PAY AND PERKS
Families Empowered is committed to providing the best for our employees in and outside of the office. We offer competitive salaries (commensurate with education and experience) and a full slate of benefits including health, vision and dental coverage, as well as an FSA. Employees also enjoy a generous vacation and telecommuting policy.
Families Empowered is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Families Empowered does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Families Empowered is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values teamwork, collaboration, creativity, and diversity.